Acupuncture & Chinese medicine for insomnia
In Chinese Medicine, of all the organ the mind is related with heart. If the heart is strong, the mind healthy then the person can think clearly, memory is good, cognition is clear, sleep is sound and intellect is bright. If the mind is weak or disturbed, people can not think clearly, memory is poor, sleep is restless.
Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine treat individuals who are under constant stress, anxiety and emotional instability. During Acupuncture treatment endorphin (feeling good hormone) releases and induce relaxation.
Many patients with this condition may have underlying deficiencies, as a result of excessive stress and lack of sleep. In this case, herbal formula requires for optimal treatment. Different pattern require different herbal prescription. Difficult falling sleep or wake up too frequently with many things on their minds.
What others tools available?
- Regular exercise, normal sleep pattern are beneficial for stress reduction
- Meditation and practice mindfulness before going to bed.
- If overworked, don’t work in the bedroom and an hour before going to bed, retire from stimulating work such as computer and/or watch news.
- Take warm bath before going to bed.
- Avoid caffeine (coffee, soda, chocolate), alcohol and sugar.
- A diet high in calcium, magnesium and vitamin B&E is recommended.
There are many herbs in Chinese Medicine have marked sedative and hypnotic effects which can treat stress, anxiety and insomnia. These herbs regulate mood, emotions and reduce anxiety by restoring body’s own ability to deal with these factors.
Unlike many prescription drugs that have immediate and potent result, herbs are moderate in potency and may require 1-2 weeks to relieve symptoms.
Unlike prescription drugs, herbs not only work on the symptoms but addresses the underlying problem.For further question and concern call our office for free consultation or fill out contact form. (831) 426-5002 Dr. Katayoon Hakim