Acupuncture and herbal medicine are very effective tools to regulate menstruation and relieve PMS and painful period. In combination, they have analgesic effect to relieve pain and cramps. Effective and safe option to treat the root problem.
Western medicine option-
OTC (over the counter) drugs don’t have long term effects. Birth controls have many unwanted side effects. Many anti-depressants are addictive with long term side effects as well. None of these options treat the root problem. Acupuncture and herbal medicine take care of the root problem and resolve the symptoms.
- Liver cleansing foods: beets, carrots, artichokes, lemons, parsnips, dandelion greens, burdock root, watercress, collard green, kale, spinach, radishes.
- Foods rich in magnesium, calcium, iron and vitamin B-complex.
- Increase omega 3 fatty acid: nuts, seed oils, salmon, herrings, mackerel, sardines, walnut, flax seed oil, evening primrose oil, black current oil.
- Decrease amount of saturated fat in your diet, especially from red meats and dairy products.
- Decrease caffeine, salt and sugar intake.
- Avoid cold and sour fruits and foods.
In many studies of women suffering from minor or moderate premenstrual syndrome (PMS), nutritional supplement containing:
- Magnesium aspartate: 600 mg/day. Take 2 weeks prior to bleeding (200mg 3 times/day).
- Vitamin B6- 100 mg/day. Take 2 weeks prior to bleeding.
provide significant relief.For further question and concern call our office for free consultation or fill out contact form. (831) 426-5002 Dr. Katayoon Hakim